8/10/09

Surrender Your Plans!

Don't you just love it when you make a plan? Well, maybe your personality is different from mine. I am one of those organized, plan makers. I like to have everything spelled out and all the possible scenarios covered. I can make a good plan, but sometimes God just comes in and changes everything on me. Anyone know what I am talking about? It seems that God is a master of taking our plans and turning them inside out for Him. There is a comedian who says when she wants to hear God laugh she tells Him her plan....boy, I know how that feels. Have you ever felt a little of what Job felt when he wrote, "My days have passed, my plans are shattered, and so are the desires of my heart." (Job 17:11) I've been there. I haven't faced what Job faced, but I know the feeling of seeing all my best laid plans go up in smoke. At a time in my life when I didn't see how I would ever get my life back on track, God stepped in and showed me that my plans were not necessarily His plans. During that time a good friend of mine gave me a Scripture that I have kept close to my heart ever since. It is found in Proverbs 19:21, "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." God has shown me that He doesn't thwart my plans just because He can, but rather because He has a purpose that is beyond my comprehension. When we commit our plan to His loving and capable hands, He can use them for His glory and our good. Proverbs 16:3 is another favorite of mine, "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." If you are plan maker like me, this verse is a beauty. We could call it - a 100% guaranteed way to successful plan making. Commit your life (all of it) to the Lord, seek His wisdom and direction, and then trust Him to accomplish His plan through you. It's time for a little plan transplant -- exchange your plan for your life for God's plan for your life. You'll be amazed at what He will do in you and through you. After all, He is just looking for surrendered plan makers.

No comments: