8/4/09

Jesus - what a Savior!

I know, it's been an entire month since I last posted. The month of July was packed with so many things that it all seems a blur to me now. One thing that stands out to me is my trip to Branson, Missouri with Annette Herndon. We went to Branson to be a part of the first ever Branson Gospel Music Convention. I have to admit that I wasn't looking forward to the long hours in the car and the long hours standing behind a convention table, but boy, am I glad I went. I had the awesome privilege of being a part of a devotional time to encourage ladies in ministry and I met some wonderfully talented musicians. I was overwhelmed by the beautiful Spirit that permeated our week. I got to pray with women whom I did not know (and may never see again this side of heaven), and I made some new friends who I look forward to getting to know better. I just love it when God ordains that your path will cross with someone else and God did that so many times during the Branson trip that I began to look for it everyday. I believe that God wants us to do that - anticipate the moment when our lives will intersect with someone else's at just the right time. One night at the convention three guys were singing and their voices blended so beautifully that I just had to stop and listen. Then the lead singer began to tell his story of how God had brought him from the ashes of divorce and drug abuse to the beauty of singing His praise. I began to cry as I recalled once again how God had brought beauty from ashes in my life. Then he began to sing a song and the chorus ended with these words: - That's how much I need a Savior - and what a Savior Jesus is to me. The words just hit me right in the heart. It was a divine moment for me - when God just stopped me in my tracks to love on me and to remind me that HE is my Savior. I don't want to ever forget that on my own I am nothing, but with Jesus I have all I need. Take a moment today to offer a prayer of thanksgiving to Jesus for being such a wonderful Savior. By the way, the name of that group was Beyond the Ashes. Look them up - they are truly anointed. Be blessed!!

No comments: