4/28/09

Trust in the Lord

We have all read, heard, and memorized Proverbs 3:5-6, but have we really let it sink in deep inside our heart. Have we personalized it? It is easy to tell others to trust in the Lord, but when it comes to our own lives, have we truly decided to trust in the Lord with ALL our heart? God has taught me a powerful lesson in trust over the past few weeks. Just when I think I have it figured out, a test comes, and guess what? I fail. Praise the Lord that He does not throw me away when I fail to trust Him. No, he gently shows me where I am leaning on my own understanding. Then, he mercifully leads me to the path of trust once again. Many of you know what I am talking about. God gives us a promise, and we trust Him to fulfill it. But when it doesn't come in our timing or in our way, we start to lean to our own understanding and we try to make the promise come true on our own. Reminds me of a lady named Sarah who was promised a child and when it didn't happen in her timeframe, she figured out a "better" way. We know now that her "better" way was a disaster - a disaster that is stil bearing fruit in our world today. I pray that we will learn from Sarah's choices that trusting in God is always the best way. Personalize Proverbs 3:5-6, write it out, and post it in a place where you can see it everyday. TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL MY HEART. LEAN NOT TO MY OWN UNDERSTANDING. IN ALL MY WAYS ACKNOWLEDGE HIM AND HE WILL DIRECT MY PATHS. Keep trusting in Him and I promise He will direct your path, and His direction is always best.

No comments: